LISIS grants particular importance to training through research. It is a host laboratory for two graduate schools (ED OMI – UPE, and ED ABIES – AgroParisTech) and currently hosts about 20 PhD students. Several LISIS researchers are members of the boards of these two graduate schools.
In addition to the possibilities offered by the graduate schools, PhD students at LISIS benefit from the following:
- Academic support, particularly through the annual presentation of their work before an ad hoc committee;
- A thesis committee made up of the PhD supervisor and external members;
- A range of scientific events steered by the PhD students and postdocs: reading workshops, PhD student days, monthly seminar, the seminar “STS in everyday life”;
- The IFRIS Spring School (4 days of themed training bringing together some 30 PhD students from the different IFRIS groups –paper presentations, reading workshops, guest lectures);
- Funding for assignments abroad, either to speak at symposiums, or for long-term missions (3 to 9 months).
The laboratory is also involved in the leadership of the Master Études Numériques et Innovation (NUMI, Digital Studies and Innovation Masters) at UPEM and the Mastère spécialisé Politiques et Actions Publiques pour le Développement Durable (MDAPDD, Specialized Masters in Politics and Public Policy for Sustainable Development) at the École des Ponts ParisTech and AgroParisTech.